A VMware actualizou no passado dia 13 de Abril o Fusion, aplicação de virtualização para a plataforma MAC OS X, para a versão 4.1.2. Esta actualização vem corrigir cerca de 20 anomalias, e é gratuita para os actuais clientes da versão 4.
This release resolves the following issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused the following message when you resumed a suspended virtual machine: The Virtual Machine is unable to reserve memory.
- The McAfee VirusScan software is updated.
- Resolved an intermittent problem that caused printing to fail on Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolved an issue that occurred when copying and pasting information from newer Linux distributions.
- Improved compatibility with certain versions of Mac OS X.
- Resolved an issue where the Windows 2000 guest operating systems would not power down when the virtual machine shut down.
- Resolved an issue with short shared folder names.
- Improved the behavior of the minibar when placed at the top of the display.
- Fixed mapping of comma on numeric keyboard mapping of a French keyboard.
- Resolved an intermittent problem when removing a CD device from a virtual machine.
- Improved compatibility with Many Tricks’ Moom application in a virtual machine.
- Resolved memory access issue when using VMware Fusion as a gdb stub.
- Application is signed using Developer ID.
- The minimize and hide operations work when using smart full screen with multiple displays.
- A new configuration option “fusion.alwaysOpenInNewWindow = TRUE” that forces a virtual machine to always open in a new window is available.
VMware Tools Incorrect Folder Permissions Privilege Escalation. The access control list of the VMware Tools folder was incorrectly set. Exploitation of this issue may lead to local privilege escalation on Windows-based guest operating systems. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name CVE-2012-1518 to this issue.
Mais detalhes no blog da equipa de produção do Fusion em: http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/